Open Meadow has been a frequent recipient of local, regional, and national awards for our innovative and successful approaches to education and workforce development. The photo above shows Open Meadow staff and students in Washington DC receiving the PEPNET Award from the US Department of Labor.
Recent awards and recognition include:
- 2011 Oregon Business Association’s Innovation in Education Award
- Portland Business Journal’s Top 25 Education Nonprofits, 2010 Annual Book of Giving
- Open Meadow Recognized in Top 10 of 2010 Best Non-Profits to Work For in Oregon by Oregon Business magazine
- Open Meadow was selected as one of 14 programs from across the country featured in Employers, Low-Income Adults and Postsecondary Credentials a report written by the Workforce Strategy Center
- 2009 Spirit of Portland Award for Community Partnership
- Multnomah County Commission on Children Families and Community’ 2008 HILLTOP Award (STEP UP)
- 2007 Pew Partnership Civic Change Award, for exemplary drop-out prevention (STEP UP)
- 2006 ING Unsung Heroes Award
- In 2006 The American Youth Policy Forum profiled Open Meadow in Whatever It Takes: How Twelve Communities are Reconnecting Out-of-School Youth.
- 2005 NSTA Toyota Tapestry Award
- 2004 Bank of America Neighborhood Builders Award
- 2004 NSTA Toyota Tapestry Award
- 2003 Promising and Effective Practices Network (PEPNET) Award, US Dept of Labor
- 2002 NSTA Toyota Tapestry Award